This board acts as a consultative body, providing recommendations to the BoD and the Council of Group Leaders. Its main tasks consist in monitoring the service and infrastructure activities, as well as the core bioinformatics resources. It is made up of at least five members, who must be internationally renowned scientists from the Institute’s fields of activity.
- Prof. Alfonso Valencia (Chairman), Life Sciences Department Director, Barcelona Supercomputing Centre, Spain;
- Prof. Søren Brunak, Founder of the Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark;
- Dr Laurent Duret, CNRS Research Director, Laboratory of Biometry and Evolutionary Biology, Claude Bernard-Lyon 1 University, France;
- Dr David de Graaf (until June 2017), President and CEO of Selventa, Cambridge, MA, USA;
- Prof. Melissa Haendel, Director of the Ontology Development Group, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, USA;
- Prof. Alexey I. Nesvizhskii, Department of Pathology and Department of Computational Medicine & Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA;
- Prof. Christine Orengo, Department of Structural and Molecular Biology, University College London, United Kingdom;
- Prof. Ron Shamir, Computational Genomics Group at the Blavatnik School of Computer Science, Tel Aviv University, Israel;
Prof. Anna Tramontano (Computational Biology Laboratory, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy), who was a member of the SIB Advisory Board since 2010, passed away on 9 March 2017. She will be dearly missed by the bioinformatics community, a field to which she had made major contributions.